1. Requests for images and the use thereof must be made by the order form on the website. Each request must include details of the requested image(s) and how they will be used (The size of the print run etc.). Only fully completed requests will be processed. If you place an order by the form, the request is official.
2. When using reproductions of works from the collection of the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen for publication or any other form of multiplication, permission must always be asked. This also applies to images that have not directly been obtained from the museum.
3. To all image request counts that a fee has to be paid. Upon successful processing of a request, you will receive an invoice. Once payment has been received, the image will be sent to you as soon as possible, but keep at least a period of approximately four weeks. If a new recording is to be made it may be longer. Permission for publication is only until the account is paid. Also see the price overview. The delivery of visual material does not bestow the rights to publication. These rights will be bestowed only upon payment of the invoice.
4. Images will be made available only to the person(s) requesting them and are issued only for usage stated in the request. Use of the images for purposes other than those stated in the request and forwarding them to third parties is not permitted. In case of new or re-use of images a new request has to be made.
5. The delivered visual material can not be transformed into a new image that deviates from the original without permission of the museum.
6. The original digital file and any copies thereof used in the production process must be destroyed after use. If the images are delivered on a CD, these must be returned to Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen after use. Please mark ‘Return of Visual Material’.
7. Unless otherwise stated the reproduction of the image must be accompanied by the following creditline: Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, Rotterdam.
8. You are obliged to supply a specimen copy of the publication in which the images are used free of charge to the museum. In the case of the publication of an image on loan to the museum from a third party, you must supply two specimen copies of the publication. Please send the specimen copies to:
Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
Attn. to the Library
3000 CG ROTTERDAM
9. The payment made to the museum for supplying the images does not include any eventual payments required for copyright of the visual material. It is your responsibility to fulfil any obligations to the copyright holder in accordance with copyright law. Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen is not responsible for any eventual conflicts between you and the copyright holder.
10. For cancelling a request that has been made by order form, 10% of the total amount of the invoice will be charged.