:host { --enviso-primary-color: #00BAFF; --enviso-secondary-color: #00BAFF; font-family: 'boijmans-font', Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif; } .enviso-basket-button-wrapper { position: relative; top: 5px; } .enviso-btn { font-size: 22px; } .enviso-basket-button-items-amount { font-size: 12px; line-height: 1; background: #F18700; color: white; border-radius: 50%; width: 24px; height: 24px; min-width: 0; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; padding: 0; top: -13px; right: -12px; } Previous Next Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Back to top


Depot Boijmans Van Beuningen is a wonderful example of a unique public-private partnership. The Depot is the initiative of the Municipality of Rotterdam, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen and De Verre Bergen Foundation, a philanthropic organisation founded in 2011 create a better and stronger Rotterdam.

A new depot building requires significant investment, especially one that is open to the public. Sharing the collection with the public requires extra investment in climate control systems, security, catering etc. The cost of constructing the building is already covered by the Municipality of Rotterdam and De Verre Bergen Foundation. It was the generous donation from De Verre Bergen Foundation that has made it possible to make the Depot accessible to the public.

Gemeente Rotterdam

Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen preserves and manages the art collection of the Municipality of Rotterdam: the collection belongs to us all. The museum has been an independent organisation since 2005. The Municipality contributes 49 per cent of the museum’s annual budget, which covers 80 per cent of the museum’s accommodation costs and staff salaries. The remaining 20 per cent and all other costs for programming, acquisitions, restorations and educational projects are financed by revenue generated by the museum and by support from external funding bodies.

BankGiro Loterij

The BankGiro Lottery supports culture in the Netherlands in all its forms. The available funds come from those who play the lottery: at least 40% revenue is reserved for culture. Thanks to 600,000 players, in 2016 the BankGiro Lottery was able to donate €66.9 million to cultural institutions in the Netherlands, including Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen. The museum thanks everyone who plays the lottery: each year their support enables the museum to realise challenging projects and acquire new artworks.

Play the BankGiro Lottery and support Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen

You can opt to play the BankGiro Lottery specifically for Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen. Half of your monthly spend will go directly to the museum, enabling us to organise an exhibition, make a new acquisition or restore a work in the collection.

Boijmans Business Club

  • Asahi Shimbun Company
  • Deerns Nederland B.V.
  • Havenbedrijf Rotterdam
  • IMCD Group B.V.
  • NGM International B.V.
  • Ploum - Advocaten en notarissen
  • ProDelta Holding B.V.
  • PwC
  • Rabobank Rotterdam
  • Rotterdam Harbour Holding B.V.
  • Signify
  • SV Interieurgroep B.V.


Want to know more or have any questions? Please feel free to contact us.

Minke van Hooff
Minke van Hooff Hoofd Relatiebeheer en filantropie
+31 (0)10 44.19.478 hooff@boijmans.nl