A letter making the request should be sent to the director of the museum, Ms. Ina Klaassen. You will be informed within two months whether or not the museum can grant the loan. When reaching this decision, matters such as the condition of the requested work(s) and the frequency with which the work has been loaned out recently are taken into account, but also the circumstances of the institute making the request. Including a facility report with the request is particularly appreciated. Loan requests should be submitted 6 months before the start of the exhibition. Requests received less than six months before the opening date will still be considered, but may be rejected due to short notice.
- Drawing up a condition report: € 75,- per work. For some -exceptional- loans this can be higher/lower. When this is the case, the borrower wil be informed before the loan agreement is drawn up.
- Necessary preservation work (such as restoration; the fitting of glass; climate-controlled display case): variable
- Packing expenses (crates, transport frames, etc.): variable (via transport agent)
- Prints and drawings:
- Passepartout: € 75,- per work;
- Frame: € 50,- to € 90,- per work, depending on the frame size.
- Possible additional expenses for staff deployment: € 60,- per hour
- Insurance: Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen will insure the work and will charge you the insurance premium. Please inform us if you wish to cover the loan by using a Government Indemnity Scheme.
- Transport: via transport agent*
- Courier expenses: within Europe: € 65,- per diem, USA/Japan: $ 100,- per diem, United Kingdom: £ 55,- per diem
- Photographs must be requested separately. Please see the information about image requests.
*The borrower will have to take care of the packing of the loan. The loan will be packed by the transport agent and they will charge you the costs directly. However, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen will decide how the work will be packed and which crate is most suitable. For this, you will first have to contact the registrar and after that one of the mentioned transport agencies.
NB: If a request being handled is withdrawn at a certain time by the requesting party, the expenses already made will be charged.