Building a solid foundation together

It is thanks to the support of many private individuals that Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen is an enterprising museum in a vital and vibrant city. Your backing ensures that the museum has a healthy and diverse financial footing, so that it can continue to innovate and thus remain an institution of significance for many generations to come. There are various possibilities.

Support a specific project

If you have a specific interest then you can designate your donation for a particular purpose. The possibilities range from the acquisition of a work of art to a restoration, supporting an exhibition or backing an educational project.

Establish a named fund

If you are interested in honouring a loved one, celebrating a special occasion or long-term investment in a particular theme then you can establish a registered fund. As the founder you decide the name and purpose of this fund, in close consultation with the museum.

The Annual Fund

If you attach great importance to stable operational management, then this fund presents an attractive option. Donations to Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen’s Annual Fund are used to offset the museum’s annual running costs. The City of Rotterdam covers 80% of the museum’s accommodation and personnel costs; the remaining 20%, as well as the programming, acquisitions and restorations, are financed by the museum itself. Your donation to the Annual Fund makes it possible for us to continue with our ongoing work.

The Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen Endowment Fund

With a contribution to the Endowment Fund you are helping to secure a healthy financial position for the museum in the longer term – you will literally be investing for posterity.

You are very welcome to contact us at any time. For further information about making a bequest or donation to the museum, please e-mail or call us. 


become Boijmans Friend

Do you cherish Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen and art? Become a Boijmans Friend!


If you would like to get to know us or if you have any questions, please do not hestitate to contact us.